I really admire our First Lady Michelle Obama. I think her style is sophisticated and timeless. I love everything she wears. I'm sure it must be difficult to always be on point and flawless, even in your down time. I must admit that I've adopted some of her styling practices into my own personal style. I used to be obessed with heels but as I've gotten older I realized beauty does not have to equal pain! So, I started investing in awesome flats and kitten heels.
I love these shoes. I feel some retail therapy happening soon!(I have issues..LOL)
But what I found was these styles are my feets (is this correct english? lol) new best friends (if that's possible:) The good thing is they can be styled in numerous ways. One of my favorite things is the boyfriend jean and either pair of these shoes can give you a look of class.
What I like about this jean type is that they are very forgiving. I found mine at JCP on sale for $18(I love a bargain...btw they are Levi's) pair with a solid tee and a big belt and a scarf and a cardigan with your flats or put on a chunky sweater with some statement jewlery pieces and your kitten heels and your ready for a date with your honey!
I love simplistic styling it just makes life easier and no matter what the occassion you always look put together. I think that's what I admire most about our FLOTUS. She has that put together look on lock. I feel a style challenge coming on for myself! I'll be sure to post it. There's nothing like a challenge to get the creative juices flowing.
Thanks for stopping by,
Puddin
(images are from google.com and no particular designer was selected)
I’m a big fan of your blog, and this is a very good article on fashion that I wish more (teens and adults) would read. It’s mature-wear, not like the barely covered (tattooed breasts), skin tight bootyliscous, high-heeled, hooker-wear that we have become accustomed to (and that’s just the Junior High school attire).
ReplyDeleteNothing irks me more than seeing how poorly dressing has become. Consider that our civil rights heroes (in the 60’s) marched for miles on end in business attire (suits, dresses, ties, etc.) Now you can’t even get people to dress appropriate for a job interview, much less a Corporate 9-5. It’s time to separate the club-wear from the work /school –wear. Get that classic look back and please, please ladies lose the clear-plastic shoes/heels (unless of course that is your job – MAKE IT RAIN!!!) LMAO