Well good goobly, it's been crazy these past few days. All I can say is kids ( especially boys!) will drive the most sane person bananas! With that said let's talk about hair. As, I mentioned before I've been natural since July 4th, 2010 and it has been both a joyful and daunting experience. The joy has been watching my hair grow like crazy over these past 6 months. The daunting comes in trying to find the right products for my hair. In the beginning I bought every product that I read about on other natural hair blogs. To say that was both a waste of time and money is an understatement. I don't want to bash any products so let's just say expensive(over $25 a jar) does not mean better and just because something is inexpensive(less then $10) it will usually end up on the "what was I thinking shelf" as well. So, lets put all of this in it's proper perspective (with my little learned knowledge) about this natural hair journey:
*When you decide to go natural learn to be patient with your hair and yourself. This is a learning process for you to get to know YOUR hair, which brings me to
*Everyone has an individual hair story. Your hair will not look like mine and my hair will not look like Tracy Ellis Ross( i luv big hair!) because we all have different hair textures. However, I can still get my own big hair.
*Lastly(for now anyway) get a hair consultation with a natural stylist. This was a life saver for me. The products that she recommended for my hair type was Design Essentials Natural line. It has made my braid/twists outs sheer perfection.
I hope this information helps and I'll be doing more in depth hair posts but it can be so overwhelming I really need to get all of the details together to deliver the information properly. I also want to start adding pictures to future post, especially for those of you who are visual. I really want my blog to be of service to others, so please bear with me as I continue to tweak the format and information content.
Thanks for stopping by,
Puddin

No comments:
Post a Comment