Hello fierce ones,
I know it's been a minute since my last post but a lot has happened over these past few weeks. So, let's catch up. I've been out of the work force for over two years and I recently decided to get a part-time job. I was a little leary of how the corporate world would react to my natural hair but funny thing is this whole process was quite interesting. With all of the technology now I only saw one person in Human Resources face to face and that was not the interviewer. The interview was done over the phone and the final offer came via email. So, my slight hesitation was quickly dismissed or at least put on hold until I start training. I'm very confident in the way my hair looks but I haven't received any negative comments and I'm not sure exactly what I might say to someone that gives me one. I guess my response is going to depend on the comment. I might be going through some form of mental paranoia...LOL... who knows but I'll keep you updated. Either way you can best believe I'll be keeping it ....
Natural and fierce!
I went through that myself when I relocated to Atlanta and had only been growing my locks for about 6months. I didn't know if it was perceived to be unprofessional. Although I was transfering and the Administrator had met me over the phone and via my resume' (which had already spoken volumes for me)he wanted a face to face meeting prior to formally offering me a job. The interview went well and my hair never came up. I think what I learned from that situation and many others that have tested my decisions to live a holistic lifestyle is that I am in love with me and the way GOD himself has created me. I pray daily that he allows people to see me the way he sees me and favor has continued to cover me. So I understand you hesitance and caution when dealing with something new but honey take it from your cousin you are Awesome and others will get the opportunity to feel the magnitude!!
ReplyDelete