My Blog List

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Life's a challenge

I discovered this hair challenge on curlynikki.com and since I'm on the journey to a healthier body, why not include a healthier head of hair. It all goes hand in hand, right? After my follow up on my Dr's appointment last month, which was not as bad as I had thought(yay!!) I could be doing  a better job of taking care of my health. So, I've started doing Zumba(3 times a week)!! I love this exercise! and this has turned my boring gym workout, which consisted of 45 minutes on the treadmill or the elliptical, into a workout that I enjoy and look forward to doing. If you haven't tried Zumba you must give it a try!

 Back to the hair challenge......while checking my favorite blog sites I came across this hair challenge. It's a 6 month challenge that runs from Feb 1st through July 31st. For the challenge details go to either curlynikki.com or naturallycurly.com/kimcolesgrowout.
This is also a great challenge for all hair types (i.e natural, relaxed, loc'd..etc) because we all need to have healthy hair no matter what style we choose to wear.

 I'm also doing a personal food challenge to restrain from refined sugar until Feb 14th.
This is a biggie for me because I'm a sugar addict(as I stand in the front of the group hand raised..lol) but so far so good(started this Jan 24th). I have to do this last challenge in increments because it's the most difficult for me(to thine own self be true:) 

I'm implementing these changes into my life so I can be the best me I can. There's nothing better than setting goals and taking the steps to achieve those goals and getting the victory in the end.  I'll be posting about this journey and update my hair routine because I want to simplify some things, so stay tuned. Here's to victory!

Keep it natural and fierce!

No comments:

Post a Comment