I kept seeing these beautiful heads of natural hair everywhere. And I knew that I wanted big full hair. I told my husband and he simply said "OK" and I went for it. I got my last relaxer January 2010 and started my transition. On July 4th, 2010 I went all in...I had about 3 inches of new growth and chopped off the relaxed ends. It was a total drama scene....LOL....moving on....What I've learned about myself through this process is that I'm really not my hair!!!...my life is not going to be turned upside down if my hair isn't perfectly coiffed. Actually, being natural has released me... to be me and that feels wonderful! We are individuals, so why was I trying to fit into a box that was considered excepted by "society" standards. That's a question for another day but you get the point.
My husband can't keep his hands out of my hair now. I asked him why is he always playing in my hair and he said"because I can touch it now and I couldn't before"...that made me take pause because it's so true. I'm so glad I decided "To Be".
Keep it natural and fierce!
She's not kidding I do like caressing her hair. Its good not to have to worry about perm or weave tracks getting in the way or interrupting your flow, LOL!
ReplyDelete